Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What time is it?




So I have been so consumed by developing characters and a great plot and improving my use of dialogue that I forgot all about the time. What period is my story set in? I have always thought it to be a general historical romance set in London somewhere in the 1800’s but I really have no clue of what life was like and what existed at that time. Even though I have read countless books. I did not retain any of this information to be able to use it.

Recently I read a question by someone on Yahoo Answers asking about original or unique story ideas. There is a consensus that the regency period has been beaten like a dead horse. There are those that want to read about a different era in time, at different places. Like what about the middle east or other European countries or America? What about a later period like the early 1900’s? or earlier 1500's? I would like to give this some thought so that my story stands out and is memorable for its readers.
 
I guess for me it will come down to research. Because I am sorry to say that I don't have the time to do much so i will have to choose what is well presented and readily available.


What time and place do you think would prove an interesting read?

No comments:

Post a Comment